Friday, January 15, 2010

Random File Day!

Holy smokes folks! I am smack in the middle of a perfect storm of deadlines! I have something in the area of 16 finished paintings due this week, for three different clients (all textbooks.) I survived Wednesday, hung on through Thursday, and have only the handful of Friday (today!) deadlines to survive!

I'm not going to be able to letter and prep Yellowbelly's next snow page. Instead, I'm dipping into the Totally Random Art File!

Here it is:

This was for an event called THE BIG SHOW! Put on by my younger brother, Ben, who has more bands than I have book ideas. Random File Day! Enjoy! Yellowbelly will be back Monday.

Oh, and also, I hate to keep pushing this back, but the remaining emails for the avatars will be going out this weekend--bad week, or good week, depending on how you look at it. Busy week, that's fo' sho.'

4 comments:

DaNae said...

I'm trying to decide if I would attend THAT concert.
I do have an erie feeling that I'm looking at something my children would be involved in. I have one son who is in a scary Metal Band, (scary at least to his James Taylor loving Mom), and another artist son who tends to stick eyeballs and other assorted body parts in random places in his paintings. With this piece it is like you have melded them together.

Good luck with the dead lines

Anonymous said...

You have things in your random file that most artists WISH they could come up with! I'll tell ya what I'm waiting for, though: YOU DRESSED AS SVARTE PIET!

SHOW US! SHOW US!

Nathan said...

Jessica, the Svarte Piet illustration will only EVER be seen by the good people of the Netherlands. Who appreciate the wacky (and controversial) tradition of Svarte Piet.

Clint C. said...

Nate Hale at his best! Love it! My favorite illustrations are the ones where you're illustrating your own ideas.