Thursday, May 12, 2011

Mermaid Prep Week

A second take on yesterday's Mermaid sketches. This story will feature a trio. So I'm working on three mermaids with different personalities. I like the fat pencil line too (not the shading, they all look a little pasty.)

This is fun, laying out all the prep work before starting into the story. This is the type of thing most illustrator blogs have--concept and prep work. I always enjoy looking at process images. None of the stories on the blog have ever had any thing like this--I usually just dive right in. We'll see if this adds anything to the story

5 comments:

Lizzie said...

Do they have names yet? Are their names sea-themed?

Nathan said...

They DO have names, and some are sea-themed.

Clint C. said...

I love the curly hair--she looks like trouble! Love the personalities!

edith said...

Yes, curly hair often spells trouble. I like how it almost looks like tentacles or medusa-snakes in the first pic. This looks like fun!

Helene said...

I love the freckles! They all look so good!