Friday, September 25, 2009

A Book Finishing Day

The DINO-JOKES will be back tomorrow [er, Monday]. I hate to interrupt a story this early on, but today is a rare day, a special day--a book finishing day.

What was today's book? A book called ANIMAL HOUSE that will be out in 2010 from Walker & Company. I finished the interior illustrations this summer, but we took some extra time to supercharge the additional material, the endpaper, back cover and title page.

The title page was the very last piece of the puzzle. There might be some small fixes or tweaks, but as far as creating any new paintings goes, this book is finished.

Here's the title page:


The book is about a family who live in a house made of living animals. The striped background here is the "Whalepaper." It's a very weird, very fun book. I'll talk more about it when we get closer to the release date (a year from now.) The little lion is a painting version of Walker's cute lil' lion logo. I love it when a publisher lets me mess with their logo.

Back to the dinos! And I want some good comments left on the "Dinosardines" post. So far there are zero! Get busy!

4 comments:

DaNae said...

That is one lovely cover. Nice job.

Nathan said...

This is the title page, the cover's even better. But it is top secret for another six months or so.

shannon hale said...

I love this! Love, love, love it. I think I'm officially a fan. Lots of love for your work out here in New England! Rapunzel is a huge hit! Everywhere I go, librarians tell me, "We can't keep it on the shelves!"

Nathan said...

Hey thanks Shannon!