Friday, September 30, 2011

Graphic Novel Timesheet

Sorry for all the craziness everyone. It's been a very silly week in the studio. Total pandemonium. Moments ago, I turned in the samples for that new job audition (everyone cross your fingers!) The art director and the publishers will have a meeting tomorrow to see if I'm the right artist for the job. I'll let you know how it goes.

I am a man without a sleep country. I don't know when I'm supposed to sleep (or eat.) This week I've been using a horrible, cobbled-together, two-shift sleep schedule. 2am to 6am, then 5pm to 8pm. I think they call it "Polyphasic Sleep," I don't think it works. I feel crazy all day.

This should all be remedied by next week. We'll jump back into Princess Batman like the last two weeks never happened. I've also got a fun spooky Halloween story planned.

We'll have a fresh start Monday. In the meantime, I thought you might enjoy these papers. This my graphic novel project bible. The timesheet, (remember, I was into that timer app.) with columns for lettering, inking and coloring. And the ever important page cross-off chart (the last row seems to have been cut off by the scanner.) Anyway, this documents the times for each page (starting at page 40) in graphic novel #2. Kind of interesting, if you are into charts and time trials for graphic novel pages. (super boring if you aren't.)

See you Monday!

6 comments:

shannon hale said...

This is so amazing, because charts and timers for graphic novel pages was my thesis subject! I remember the first time I saw Art Spiegelman's charts. Chills.

Q said...

@Shannon: wait, seriously??

I have a friend who keeps a polyphasic sleep schedule that works for him: sleep from 3-6 AM, then take three 20-minute naps during the day at 11, 4, and 11. I don't know how he's still vertical, but he never looks as tired as I feel.

Nathan said...

You make fun of my chart, but I think it is neat-o. I only wish I had done charts for Rapunzel to compare.

Really, that schedule works? Now I wanna try it!

Clint C. said...

In San Diego there was a popular DJ host that thought it would be an entertaining gimmick to see how long he could stay awake. He stayed awake for like 6 days. The sleep deprivation totally changed his personality. He lost his family, his job...Sleep is important!

Nathan said...

Yikes! I believe it, missing sleep makes me nuts. But I think I am now through the worst of it.

Helene said...

I'm crossing all my fingers for you!
And that chart looks...scary. But fascinating, too.