Do you want to get a critique from your favorite author? Do you want to have several chances of winning some remarkable prizes? Want to do some good in the world? Writing for Charity is coming up on August 21. And we're doing a few new things.
This year we are going to allow you to choose the author that you are with during the critique portion of the workshop. Authors include: Anne Bowen, Dene Low aka Laura Card, Kristen Chandler, Kristyn Crow, James Dashner, Bree Despain, Sharlee Glenn, Christine Graham, Mette Ivie Harrison, Sydney Salter, Matthew J Kirby, Mike Knudson, Kristen Landon, Sheila A. Nielson, J Scott Savage, Emily Wing Smith, Wendy Toliver, , Dan Wells, Jessica Day George, Ann Dee Ellis.
Spaces are limited, and it will be first come first served. So, if you want to have your choice of author, you need to do the following:
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the words "Writing For Charity" in the subject line, listing your top three choices in order.
2. Go to writingforcharity.com and follow the instructions for registering.
As long as we receive your registration within four days, you will be put on the list for your author of choice. Act quickly though, because there are only a few slots for each author and once they are filled, they are filled.
As an added incentive, for each day before the workshop that you register, you get one virtual . Register today, and you'll get 11 tickets, which gives you eleven chances to win prizes that are available no where else. Prizes include:
1. Rick Walton will workshop your picture book manuscript with you until it is ready to send to an editor. And then he will personally submit it to one of his editors;
2. Allyson Condie, author of the upcoming bestseller Matched, will critique one chapter of your novel; or
3. will gush about you on her blog and describe in great detail how you saved her life several times.
The sooner you register, the more chances you have of winning one of these amazing prizes.
You can also acquire virtual raffle tickets by buying items from the silent auction. To see what is available go to writingforcharity.wordpress.com. Check back frequently as we will be adding more and more amazing things. For every $10.00 spent, you will get one virtual raffle ticket.
So, how can you lose? You get a great workshop, your choice of critique, and your chance to win great prizes, and every penny you spend goes to buy books for kids that need them.
I am, unfortunately, not involved with this great workshop (if all goes according to plan, I'll be deep in the Grand Canyon that week) but there are so many great authors involved, you'd be crazy to miss out!