Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Gname That Gnome #2

Today's gnome (guh-no-may) is a lazy gnome with a luxuriant beard.


Gname That Gnome!

Yesterday's winner was Alysa, with "Gary." My kids, 10 and 6 are once again acting as judges. The name Gary is now out of play (otherwise ALL of these gnomes would be Garys.) Great work everybody! Honorable Mention for detail goes to Chris for "Favorite food is chives."

I mentioned last week that I was under a heavy deadline. That is still the case. I had to send out the email of shame. That's the one where I have to ask the publisher for an extra week. This is a stunt I've ONLY ever pulled with graphic novels (because there is NEVER enough time on a graphic novel--I'm ashamed to say I haven't gotten one in on time yet. Next one, for sure!) Anyway, I'm scrambling to get this one wrapped up by the end of this week (then I go straight into the next one, due in September!) Publishers, if you happen to be reading this, the gnomes aren't digging into any graphic novel time--they make a nice, twenty minute break from the unending grind of panels.

20 comments:

jw said...

"Nathan."

I dunno, he just looks like a Nathan to me. Every Nathan I know is lazy, hirsute, and luxuriant.

(You should have seen this coming when you mention sending THE EMAIL OF SHAME and then post a lazy gnome.)

Nathan said...

Haha very funny. I WISH I could grow a beard like that...

Q said...

Fritz, after one of the 2011 winners of the World Beard and Moustache Championships.

Anonymous said...

Gottfried. His favorite food is pickles.

By the way, from Wikipedia: Nathan Hale was a soldier for the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary War.

I think there are a few things you're not telling us...

Anonymous said...

Grumblio Gardensi is the gnome hairdresser, who tries all the hair care products on himself before selling them to the public, resulting in a fantastic beard. His favorite food is chilies, as noted by his jalapeƱo-shaped hat.

Anonymous said...

Larry or Moe.

Gretchen Alice said...

Lionel!

Clint C. said...

All I can think is Gary!
But we will try.
Cole: Mr. Snoozyhead
Jack: Mr. Feinty--I know why he feinted. He drank too much Fanta!
Sarah: Ollie the Limphat

Heather Hoyt said...

Joshua.

Helene said...

Lawrence the Luxuriously-Bearded. He likes lava and lampshades and laughter and labradoodles and... pie.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... Johann or Friedrich.

- Katharine Elisabeth

buttercup said...

Kielle and Ryan: Freddie
Nathan: Blackbeard
Ada: Figgerstone
Tessa: Larry
Robyn: Curly

Chris said...

I like "Lionel" from Gretchen, but...

Ruddlef
Seen here watching a flock of migrating dandelion seeds, Ruddlef is often found with his gaze skyward.
Many gnomes envy his luxuriant beard, but his prize possession is actually his sturdy belt, from which he can hang all sorts of useful items such as oddly shaped pebbles or gently-used floss.

Unknown said...

I'm going with Steve

Chiquita said...

Herbert.
Who loves sherbet,
In the sunshine.
And taking naps.
:)

Kate Higgins said...

Curly Catgnap. His hobby is watching cobwebs form.

Anika S. said...

Garlbritt of the luxurious curls.

He is dreaming of winning the Quiditch world cup, which is part 248 of his never ending dream of being a wizard and meeting Harry Potter. He tried a spell once, but instead of giving him more hair on top, it made his beard super curly and now he can only burp if he stands on one foot--pity, really.

the mighty guin said...

Gregori - the color of his tunic makes me think of peas, which in turn makes me think of Gregor Mendel.

Yep, Gregori.

Anonymous said...

Just FYI all the anonymous comments so far are by me (don't have an account, etc.)

- Katharine Elisabeth

Aredhel said...

Julian