Monday, January 5, 2009

Achievement Unlocked

The hours are long during this CALAMITY JACK Marathon. I start work in the morning, and then grind on into the night. If I finish that day's page goal, I'll allow myself a little treat, in the form of a little XBOX 360 gaming with my son (unless he's already gone to bed--a lot of days I don't finish until the AMs.)

Lately I've been playing Left 4 Dead, the co-op zombie apocalypse shooter, online with the nightowls on XBOX Live--it is SO much fun, and I'm not even very good at shooters. It's the most fun I've had in a game in ages. I'm like a giddy 11-year-old playing Super Mario Bros. 3 for the first time.

Then this happened:


XBOX owners will recognize the "Red Ring of Death" the blinking lights that tell you your machine is busted. Fortunately, the people at Microsoft have got me covered, and my machine's off for a repair, it'll be gone approximately a month.

Even my XBOX Elite 360 knows that no non-CALAMITY JACK activities are allowed in the month of January.

Hurry up and get fixed little pal...

[UPDATE] Adding insult to injury, the day after my XBOX died, my favorite gaming network, 1UP, died. Boo-hoo. 2009 is a horrible year for gaming. 8(

1 comment:

ueberhund said...

Looks like NXE will show you sleeping away for the next month.