Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Rapunzel's Revenge Launch Party

So today was the big launch party for Rapunzel's Revenge. In the future, I'll announce these type of things before they happen.

Here we are, Hale/Hale/Hale--Team Rapunzel! 

That's me on the left, Shannon in the middle and Dean on the right. I don't think anybody in the picture is wearing a hat that fits. Speaking of hats, get a load of that Rapunzel wig! That was made by the fourth Hale, Mindy, my wife and letterer of the book. Next week I'll do a special post featuring the wig. It deserves its own post.

There was a full panel of YA authors there as well. If you can't read my handwriting, (click on it to embiggen it) they were (from left to right) Kimberly Heuston, Jessica Day George, James Dashner (his head is really that shape) Nathan Hale, Shannon Hale, Dean Hale, Sara Zarr (hiding), Mette Ivie Harrison (hitting the high note in "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother") and Ann Cannon. 

Here they are as THE MAGNIFICENT um, NINE.

6 comments:

Sara Z. said...

You have a blog? Awesome.

Debbie Barr said...

Now I kinda wish I'd gone.

Oh well. Too late. I'll have to catch you guys at a later signing.

Holly said...

Wig? I'd wear that as a winter hat. I want a Rapunzel hat now.

Nathan said...

$7000. Paypal works.

Erin said...

Love the pictures. That top picture is now my favorite picture ever.

...Where can I get me one o' them t-shirts?!

The King's English Bookshop said...

I agree, I definitely need a Rapunzel hat. Do I get an event organizer discount? Or how about a Nathan's Biggest Fan Discount? (I've been told flattery will get me everywhere...) Thanks so much for being a part of my favorite event of the summer!