Monday, January 5, 2015

Spookier Dementors

I think the Dementors in the Harry Potter movies are boring. Basically a Black Rider from the Lord of the Rings movies but floaty. If you dressed up as a movie Dementor, you'd have to explain to everyone that you weren't a Black Rider (or the Ghost of Christmas Future, for that matter).

Anyway, I found myself wanting a scarier, weirder Dementor. Here's what I came up with:


As I was drawing this, I had some more Dementor ideas. I'll put some more up as the week goes on. I'm not a fan art guy. But, hey, it's a new year, why not try something new? Right?

Still trying to rebuild my site. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

heatherhoyt said...

I am so happy you are posting! Dementors and Black Riders just look like the grim reaper for me. Too many black cloaks.

Clint C. said...

Love it! Way scarier!