I have until the 15th of this month to get everything in. These things include, but are not limited to:
- Title Pages
- Endpapers (?)
- Bibliographies (in comic form!)
- Author pages (you saw one yesterday)
- Short biographies of each historical figure to appear in the books (and portraits)
- A mini comic about Historical Research
- A mini comic about Crispus Attucks (hardly mini--it's seven pages!)
- Proofreading passes for both books (since I'm hand-lettering them all, there is no spell or grammar-check built in. Everything has to be reviewed, then carefully re-lettered by hand.)
If I slip up on any of this stuff it will RUIN Christmas. So I have to get it all finished--I have to SAVE Christmas.
What does this all mean?
It means you are going to have to wait for the end of the Taco Hell story. Cliffhanger and all. I just can't fit it into my horrific schedule right now. I can't do it. To save Christmas, I must kill the blog!
I even had a Christmas story all lined up for this month--I'm scrapping that entirely. We'll see that next year, I guess.
We're going to re-run last year's TWELVE LEGO BOTS OF CHRISTMAS posts starting on the 13th. And the conclusion to the Terror at the Taco Hut will resume, deep breath, in January.
I'm sorry. Is there anything worse than an interrupted story?
Yes, a ruined Christmas--a ruined Christmas is worse than an interrupted story.
But trust me, in January, when the story picks back up, I'll make it really good.
Now back to the deadline death march.