Thursday, August 4, 2011

Gname that Gnome #15


Here is Q's Arizonian gnome Gnina!

So a fellow illustrator, Dan Santat, posted the coolest thing online yesterday. It was a mini site where he was selling some tiny sketchbook pages. See it here. I was lucky enough to buy one--they went quick.

I love this idea. I'd like to do something similar someday. But before I put myself out there, I'd like to gage your interest. Please post in the comments section if you would be interested in something like this (original drawings/paintings for crazy cheap.) I think it could be a lot of fun. As an illustrator, I get to see my work in print, but I rarely (never) get to deal in original art.

Interested? Please let me know.

13 comments:

Fiona said...

It sounds nice. I don't know if this makes sense from a business perspective, but could you regulate how much a person can buy? They would all sell out, I'm sure, but then everyone would get some as opposed to one person getting all of them. Maybe this is a silly idea, but under this, more people would get a chance to own your art.

Jamie said...

What price would you sell them at?

Clint C. said...

I really like Gnina and here huge safety pin and turtle shell. Yes! I would love to buy sketches! Could we pick anything from the blog?

Opaleyz said...

Yes, I love Gnina too! Those Arizonan gnomes are pretty cool ;)

And I love the idea of buying sketches! I'd actually been thinking of wanting a gnome sketch at some point. You could offer blog sketches as well as do whatever else you want to.

SMiles said...

I love the idea!! I'd definitely be interested. :)

Q said...

Yay! I love my Gnina.

I think sketches could do very well for you. I'm a college student and completely broke so I couldn't buy, but I know others would.

R.G. said...

We would love to purchase a sketch! Now my hopes are up.

Chris said...

Gnina is great.

I like the sketch idea. Would it be an all-the-time thing or occasional?

Knowing my spending habits, I would probably only buy one if they were available when I was looking to give a gift to someone, or if there was a picture I absolutely loved.

Also, how does this work with your "too many deadlines to even blog" schedule? I hate to add more work for you.

Laura Z M said...

Yes, yes. I would pay money for your art.

Mike C. said...

I would be all over that.

the mighty guin said...

I will join the chorus - if you were to sell art, I'd be interested in buying it.

edith said...

I'm really interested in getting my hands on some original art. I would for sure buy some.

Myrna Foster said...

Yes, please.